Get access to subscription-based resources that Google can’t offer
Your Oak Park Public Library card and PIN give you access to the online resources listed here.
- New! Don’t have a library card? Sign up now to get instant access »
- Questions about PINs? Read more about resetting PINs »
- New! Need help getting started? Watch the How to Library video series »
- Have a question? Contact us »
- Your privacy is important. Because our Confidentiality of Circulation Records and Institutional Data policies do not apply to the third-party vendors, we suggest you review the privacy statements for individual third-party vendors to decide if you agree to their terms »
FILTER BY TITLE
FILTER BY CATEGORY
Ancestry Library Edition »
*Access to Ancestry Library Edition is temporarily available from your home through September 30, 2021. (Ancestry Library Edition is usually only accessible from an Oak Park Public Library location.)
Genealogical information covering the US and United Kingdom.
Chicago Tribune: current (1985-present), online (2017-present) & historical (1849-1997)
Current, online, and historical full-text issues of the Chicago Tribune. Read the latest issue »
Genealogical service that includes over a billion individual ancestral entries worldwide. Additional content—including millions of records and images—is available in-library only.
Get step-by-step instructions on how to set up an account (first-time users must create an account; a library card is not needed but name and birthdate are required):
HeritageQuest Online »
Genealogical and historical records, including images of US federal census documents.
Access to historical issues of hundreds of Illinois newspapers, including Oak Leaves (1902-1977), with searchable articles, advertisements, editorials, classified ads, and obituaries.
Oak Leaves: current (1995-present)
Current full-text issues from the Oak Leaves. Read the latest issue »
Special Collections »
Specific cultural and heritage collections that reflect the unique values and enduring legacies of Oak Park, including the following collections: Edgar Rice Burroughs, Ernest Hemingway, Frank Lloyd Wright, Grand Army of the Republic, local authors, Philander Barclay Photograph, and more.
Steiner Index »
Information on original owners, architects, building dates, and addresses for Oak Park and River Forest houses and buildings.