- Need instant access? Get a digital-only account »
- Have a question? Call 708.383.8200 or ask via oppl.org/contact.
1. Unlimited access through TumbleBookLibrary
This digital collection of animated, talking picture books teach young children the joys of reading in a format they’ll love!
- Instantly access books, with no holds and no waiting.
- Discover something new to read every day with a featured daily book in each genre—storybooks, read-alongs, graphic novels, nonfiction titles, and more.
- Browse a collection of read-along books, which are a great way to keep kids busy learning while parents try to work from home.
2. Read and/or listen together through Hoopla
- Young readers can follow along as text, pictures, and sound come to life in read-along ebooks featuring their favorite characters—Pete the Cat, Doc McStuffins, beloved Disney and Marvel characters, and more. Audio tracks are synchronized with the ebook pages to support and empower young readers.
- Hoopla KIDS mode offers a kid-friendly setting for finding views, music, and books. Just select the KIDS icon in the top right of the hoopla app or website to get started. When you’re ready to turn off KIDS mode, tap the KIDS icon again.
- You can also use Hoopla with Alexa! Learn more »
- Now enjoy 30 checkouts this month and check out Hoopla Bonus Borrows that don’t count against your monthly checkout limit.
3. Great for young readers in Libby
From nursery rhymes and classic tales to robots and pirates, young readers can explore fun books for all ages in a special reading section just for kids in the Libby app.
One more thought… turn on those captions!
With the captions turned on, stream content through Kanopy Kids, a collection for children highlighting films and TV series that help kids develop empathy, mindfulness, and self-esteem through entertaining and educational videos. Find episodes of Sesame Street and Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood as well as Common Sense Media ratings to ensure parents have clear guidelines on which films are age-appropriate. It’s another option for fresh, kid-specific content.