Understanding legalese and completing legal forms can be tricky. Use these resources to help you navigate legal forms and find answers to your civil legal questions:
Subscription-based library resources
- Check Illinois: Offers background checks with search by name, property address, property PIN, or business name, including foreclosures, mortgage records, real estate transactions, building code violations, DUIs, misdemeanors, felonies, tax liens, and more.
- Legal Information Reference Center: Find legal forms and full-text legal reference books on popular topics.
- Record Information Services: Provides data on new homeowners, new businesses, foreclosures and bankruptcy for market research purposes.
Websites recommended by our librarians
- Illinois Legal Aid Online: Find legal forms and get connected to legal resources. Get help navigating the site with real-time chat. (Please note: No legal advice available.)
- Illinois Courts: Find legal forms with step-by-step instructions on how to fill out the form.
- Free Legal Answers (Illinois): Email an American Bar Association volunteer attorney with civil legal questions. (Please note: Volunteer attorneys do not offer representation.)