Library Assistant (4 positions open)
Are you positive, dynamic, creative, and community focused? We are looking for exceptionally friendly and approachable people to join our staff as Library Assistants in our Branch Services and Customer Services Department. This is a part-time position, 15 hours per week.
You will love this job if:
- You are always looking for opportunities to make people feel welcome; at the library you would help customers check out material, register them for a library card, help them with a fee, or assist them with copying and faxing.
- You take pride in your surroundings; you would make sure we are clean and tidy and our displays are refreshed and looking beautiful.
- You see the big picture, you would understand when to jump in and help.
- You do the right thing. Every decision you make and action you take is an opportunity to demonstrate our collective integrity.
- You are an explorer; you would be out on the floor with the library customers helping them with all of their needs.
- You know your way around technology; you would need to have the ability to explain basic computer skills and new media to users.
- You are an avid reader, viewer and/or listener and love sharing your favorites.
- You have an optimistic attitude - we believe that anything is possible.
This job requires a high school diploma. Some college is preferred. Two years experience working in a library, retail, or hospitality setting is strongly preferred. Evening and weekend availability is required. Shifts average 4 to 5 hours, and can be on any service desk at any of our three locations. Salary begins at $12.17 per hour.
Please send a completed resume with cover letter to: Lori Pulliam, Branch Services and Customer Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, December 12, 2014.
Neighborhood Services Librarian
The Oak Park Public Library is looking for a creative, enthusiastic, socially attuned Neighborhood Services Librarian for our Branch Services and Customer Services Department. If getting out into the community and making connections energizes you, please consider this position, which includes roles as an ambassador, advocate, program/service designer, mentor, and project manager. Learning more about Oak Parkers and facilitating action that helps community members fulfill their aspirations is the essence of the job. Your analytical, collaborative, problem-solving and implementation skills will be put to use!
Successful candidates will have library experience serving all ages and a track record of community involvement. The opportunities you create shape your work week.
MLS degree from an ALA accredited institution is required. The position accommodates both recent graduates and more experienced librarians with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience. This is a full time, 40 hour a week position based at the Dole Branch which requires work at all three library locations and outside the library. Travel between libraries and to community agencies is regular. It is preferable for applicants to have a reliable vehicle.
Occasional evenings and week-ends. Salary range is $41,588 – 62,337 with excellent benefits.
To apply send a cover letter and resume to the attention of Lori Pulliam, Manager of Branch Services and Customer Services, at email@example.com no later than Friday, December 19, 2014.